Telegram is a messenger that allows users not only to exchange messages, but also to make calls. The call can be made by anyone who has a Telegram account. This feature has a number of advantages. At the same time, it is not always clear what a cancelled call in the Telegram messenger means. To answer this and other questions, it is necessary to understand the principle of the call through the application.
The principle of the call in Telegram
Initially, Telegram was only used as a messaging tool. But changes in the messenger market forced the developers to add a calling function.
Unlike regular telephony, the call in Telegram is not through a communication protocol, but through the Internet. But this is not the only feature of calls in the messenger. The developers also claim unprecedented protection of privacy, so that the details of the conversation will not fall into the hands of third parties.
Advantages of calls in the messenger
Since its first appearance, the Telegram call function has undergone a number of changes. Today, it can be unequivocally evaluated positively, because the technology has a lot of advantages:
- no need to pay for the call;
- high-quality sound, which is a head over the analog signal;
- During a call, it is possible to attend to daily activities (for example, at the same time, to correspond to another person);
- creation of conference call for voice communication with several people simultaneously;
- Extensive call management features, including blacklist function;
- Advanced security system.
As a side note. Although Telegram calls are free, a person must pay for mobile Internet or Wi-Fi if not using a public network connection.
How to make calls?
Telegram calls can be made from any device for which the application of the same name has been developed. This applies to computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones. The principle of calling differs because of the difference in the design of the program on different gadgets.
From a computer
Unlike standard telephony, Telegram lets you make calls even from your computer, as long as your device is connected to the Internet. To make a call, you will need:
- Open Telegram.
- Select the user you want to call.
- At the top of the chat, press the handset button and wait for an answer on the back.
At the time the call is made, the user will hear long beeps. The person who receives the call will hear a beep.
Important. You can only call people who have a messenger account.
From a cell phone
Smartphone users can also set up calls by downloading Telegram from the app store in advance. The further plan of action is similar to the instructions provided for the computer:
- Open the program.
- Go through the authorization process.
- Choose a chat with the person of interest.
- Click the handset icon at the top of the interface.
If the person you are talking to is ready to answer, then within a few seconds the caller will hear his voice. The conversation can last an unlimited amount of time, until the battery of your smartphone runs out.
How to disable calls in Telegram
Not every Telegram call turns out to be desirable. Needless to say, there are people who constantly call at the most inopportune moment. In order to avoid conflict situations, such calls can be disabled.
Using the blacklist
This option is suitable for those who want to continue communicating with the contact book, but, at the same time, do not want to receive incoming calls from annoying interlocutors. The annoying person can be put into the black list, and then he won’t be able to get through.
To add a user to the Black List, you need:
- Start the application.
- Open the desired chat.
- Go to the settings of the profile of the interlocutor.
- Press the button in the form of three dots.
- Select “Block”.
After this, any messages and calls made by the blocked caller will not be received by your phone. If necessary, you can remove a contact from the state of emergency by repeating the same actions, but pressing “Unblock”.
If you want no one to call in Telegram, you will need to act according to the following instructions:
- Open the messenger.
- Go to settings.
- Select the “Privacy” section.
- In the “Calls” subitem, specify “No one”.
Now even people on the contact list will not be able to get through. But exceptions are allowed if the user wishes.
Calls don’t work (possible reasons)
When calling a person via Telegram, problems may arise. To solve them, you need to figure out the causes:
- Lack of Internet connection;
- the subscriber’s phone is turned off or he is talking on another line;
- the person has blacklisted you.
If the message “Canceled call” appears in the chat panel, then you were dialed, but then hung up. In this case, you can easily call the person back, if he did not put the user in the Black List.