Not so long ago (in spring 2016) Google presented a novelty – the Google Assistant application that you can download on this page. Initially, only owners of Pixel smartphones could use the online assistant. After some time, the company has improved the application and now the program is available on all Android 6.0 and above.
Installation and activation
Initially, you need to define what it is, in general. Google Assistant is a smart online assistant. Any mobile device running Android 6.0 or higher supports the assistant program. Also, you can get it as part of the Google Search app.
There are two options for activating the app.
The first: If your device has voice control just say “Ok, Google.”
The second way – more traditional: press the “Home” button and the application will automatically start.
To activate the application through your account, you need to:
- Press while holding down the “Home” button.
- On the screen you will see: “Meet your personal assistant”, tap “Continue”.
- Then click on “Yes, I’m in”.
If you’ve done everything correctly, and it’s difficult to make a mistake here, the system may offer to activate the program by voice: repeat three times “Ok, Google.
Changing your account at Google Assistant
Google Assistant “cooperates” with Gmail, Google Photos and other applications. Before you start, make sure you have the correct account assigned to the app. If you have more than one account, or if you have connected the wrong one, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Pressing the Home button, launch Google Assistant.
- Open the Menu in the top corner of the screen.
- Tap Accounts.
- Select the account you want.
My Day feature.
A very useful addition. Now you don’t need to look in your notebook for notes about the meeting place, date and time. The app will remind you about it all!
How do I set up the “My Day” feature?
- Press and hold the Home button.
- In the top corner of the screen, open the Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap “My Day”.
- Use the checkboxes to mark the items of interest to us.
- Just ask the assistant “Tell me about my day” to find out what you have planned for the day.
The News feature.
Google Assistant news is a powerful advantage: you always have your finger on the pulse of the information space. You don’t have to set up a bunch of filters, searching for what’s relevant by flipping through the feed, you just have to ask, “Ok, Google, listen to the news.”
In order to set up the news feature, you need to:
The first steps in all settings are – are standard!
- Launch Google Assistant by holding down the Home button.
- Open the Menu – Settings.
- Tap “News”.
- Then “Customize.
- Using a swipe, explore the list of news sources.
- Denote the sources of information that we use most often.
- Go back using the arrow in the top left corner.
- Arrange the media by listening order preference.
Censored Google Assistant
If you like “live” communication and prefer to call things by their proper names, and you don’t need censorship! You have the power to unlock swear words)
- With the “Home” button pressed, start GA.
- Open Menu – Settings.
- Drop to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the “Voice” item.
- In front of “Censorship” toggle the switch to “On”.
Despite the fact that you have removed censorship, sometimes the Assistant will hide swearing. But if you swear, the assistant will never use censorship.
See more useful and interesting things on Impression Electronics YouTube channel, in the column “Life Hacks from Impression”!
31.03.2017 14:40 1999