Joystick allows you to make the gameplay on the computer more comfortable. In this regard, many people are interested in how to connect the gamepad from PS4 to PC via Bluetooth without wires in Windows 10 8 7 system, or make a connection Dualshock 4 via USB. Whether this is realistic, what options are currently available – these questions will be answered in this publication.
How to connect a Sony gamepad to a laptop?
At first it may seem that this task is almost unsolvable. But if you find yourself on this page, the problem will be eliminated in just a few minutes, thanks to our instruction.
Using a licensed adapter
This is the simplest method, which involves the use of a special Sony Bluetooth adapter, which the Japanese developers released in late 2016. This is what it looks like:
The device is compatible with both Windows and MacOS computers. Its price is about $ 30. But there is a disadvantage – you can connect not more than one DualShock 4 joystick to the PC.
It is enough to do the following manipulations:
- Take the Sony USB adapter and insert it into any free usb port;
- If you use Windows 10, then the installation of drivers should be automatic, you just have to wait a couple of minutes. With Windows 7 you may need to download special software from the official site of the developers (link and QR-code are available in the complete documentation);
- Now just press the PS button on the controller and we can use the device in computer games. The only nuance is that it is necessary to set the key assignment in the settings of the specific application.
Next, we will consider other ways that exclude the presence of wires. In the meantime, let me tell you about another available option.
Connecting the Dualshock 4 to your computer with a USB cable
If you do not have the above equipment, you can do without it. It is enough to take the complete cord, which is used to charge the controllers. Also fits any with microUSB plug.
Everything is simple – plug one end into the gamepad and the other end into the laptop. Within a few minutes the drivers will be installed (at this point you need to be connected to the Internet). As soon as the indicator on the controller lights up – you can start using it.
But there are some limitations inherent in this method. The following elements will cease to function:
- The touch panel;
- The gyroscope (orientation sensor);
- Built-in speaker, as well as the microphone;
- The socket for the integration of a talking headset will also not work.
How to connect the Dualshock gamepad from PS4 to PC via Bluetooth
At the beginning I already told you about the wireless method with the adapter. It also supports Bluetooth technology. But you don’t have to buy expensive Sony hardware. It is enough to use the built-in Bluetooth adapter if your laptop has one. Or buy an external module (for 5-10 dollars), which externally resembles an ordinary flash drive:
- Activate Bluetooth mode on the computer (usually this is done through an icon in the notification area or a special combination on the keyboard – it depends on the laptop model);
If there are problems – search for solution
at the link
- When technology begins to work, it is worth joystick pressed together two buttons – PS and Share. After 3-4 seconds of holding the button should flash:
- As soon as you see your Dualshock 4 controller in the window of detected devices, press “Pair” in Windows.
Congratulations! Now you can fully “gamble” on your computer! Except that some features may still not be supported, as in the case of the cable connection.
How to connect the PS4 joystick to the computer – we have figured out. But I would also like to mention a few programs that will make the gameplay more comfortable. To remove all the limitations imposed by bluetooth and wired connection, you need to resort to the help of third-party software.
I’m sure this platform does not need a special description. After installing the Steam client, you don’t need to look for drivers for your Playstation gamepad.
- Launch the application, log into your account;
- At the top, click on “View” and inside turn on the “Big Picture” mode:
- Then we go to the settings of the controller:
- Check the box “Support … PS4”:
- To activate the device, you should turn it off, and after a few seconds turn it back on so that it is detected by the program. Now you can go to the reassignment of control keys (in the game itself really press PS at startup to go to the control parameters).
Gamepad PS4 in the utility Xpadder
This is a universal software to work with most gamepads from different manufacturers. With its help, it is realistic not only to make a connection with the PC, but also to make a fine customization of the buttons. Alas, this solution must be purchased – it is not distributed free of charge. Although you can look for “free” options on the net.
- Download Xpadder, install it the standard way;
- Connect the controller to your notebook using any of the methods mentioned at the beginning of the article – with or without wires;
- Launch the Xpadder utility and see the joystick button in the window above, press it to add “New…”:
- A list of models will open, look for yours (it is definitely present there);
- Specify your preferences and save the changes you made.
It’s that simple, isn’t it?
It is a set of drivers, needed in case of connection conflicts. You need to download it by following this link. Get the archive, unzip it and you will see “ScpDriver.exe” file inside. Open it for the initial configuration:
After making adjustments be sure to click “Save” and you can close the window. Now find in the directory “ScpServer.exe” and put it on the Desktop (create a shortcut). It is needed to run the previously created settings before each use of the controller. Without this procedure the joystick will not work properly.
Another simple tool. Instructions are as follows:
- Download the official program;
- Install it on your computer the standard way (there will be tips);
- Run, modify the parameters to suit you:
The software is in English, so knowledge of foreign langvidzh desirable.
Here we have figured out all the methods how to connect the gamepad from PS4 to PC via Bluetooth, USB cable, and expand the capabilities using third-party software in Windows 7 8 10 operating system. I’m sure now you’ll find it much more interesting to play on your PC with Dualshock 4.