Relatively recently, in all devices based on Android 7 Nougat and above, there is a convenient feature that provides a split screen into two parts. With its help, the user can simultaneously perform several tasks, save time and increase their productivity. For example, to watch videos and respond to messages on a social network. Quite an effective function, but unfortunately not everyone knows how to activate it and where to find it. Let’s talk about it in more detail in this article.
Method 1: Using quick settings
Quick settings is the most convenient, simple and effective way to split the screen into two parts. The user will not have to enter special menus, a single swipe of the fingers will be enough for the function to work.
- Go to the Quick Settings menu on your device.
- Press and hold the settings icon until a special message appears.
- A message will pop up at the bottom of the display to notify you that the System UI Turner.
- Navigate to the System menu and there activate the desired separation function with a simple gesture.
- Slide your finger up on the multitasking icon, which will split the screen in half.
To exit this function, long press the multitasking button or stretch the window borders to the very edges of the screen, thereby returning it to its former appearance.
Method 2: Using programs
If you have any problems with the version of the operating system that does not provide the ability to split the screen through the settings, you can use special programs. One such program is “Split Screen”. To start using it, activate the split screen service. Then enable the application and the special features service and confirm your actions. After configuring the application, the user will be able to split the screen in two ways: using the “back” and “home” button. Holding one of the mentioned buttons for a long time will result in a split screen, to which the desired applications should be dragged.
Method 3: Using Tap
This method is no less simple than the previous ones. It requires a couple of running programs and the multitasking button on the control panel at the bottom.
- Open the two desired applications.
- Activate the multitasking button on the bottom control panel.
- Select the desired tab and hold it down and drag it to any part of the screen.
- The display will be divided into two parts. One already has an app in it, so select for the other half.
The line between the two windows can be adjusted, thereby adjusting their size. In addition, it also allows you to exit this mode.
How to divide the screen on the Samsung
On smartphones from the company Samsung uses a simple and easy basic method that does not require the installation of special programs. Almost all owners of products from this firm use it.
- Run the two applications.
- Press the lower right button on the control panel, which will show you all the tabs at the moment.
- Click on the top icon of the program.
- In the small list that appears, select the option to launch in split screen mode.
- Automatically the two running programs will be placed on different sides of the screen.
- If there were several programs, after calling the mode on one, it will be positioned at the top, and at the bottom you will need to select the necessary application yourself.
Splitting the screen on Honor
Performing the previously described operation on Honor products is done in two ways.
Instructions for the first method:
- Launch the necessary application and minimize it.
- Press the square-shaped button located in the bottom right corner.
- The currently open programs will be displayed in front of you.
- Click on the two windows button at the top of the application window.
- As a result of clicking, the program on which this button has been clicked will be moved to the top of the display, and all the utilities that have this function available will be displayed at the bottom.
- Select the second program, and then it will be displayed at the bottom of the display.
The other option is also simple. They are practically the same, but it is the second one that allows you to do the separation faster.
Instructions for the second method:
- Start the program and swipe up with two fingers, causing it to appear at the top of the screen.
- At the bottom, select the desired program and it will open at the bottom of the screen. In this way the display will be divided into two parts.
Thus, the split screen function is not only easy to use, but also simple. It is not difficult to call it if your smartphone supports this option. Trying all the ways you can identify the most understandable and convenient for your needs.